Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Industrial Laundry Room Make Over

I give you my new and fabulous Laundry Room!!! 

I am so excited about this room!!! First off, in my past two houses, our laundry room has always been way down in the unfinished part of the basement. I hated carrying big laundry baskets down two full flights of stairs just to do laundry. So when we built our house, I was so excited for our laundry room to be upstairs on the same floor as our bedrooms!!!! This has made my life so much easier!

I give you my before, this is what it looked like when we moved in. "Standard" according to the builder would have been a wire shelf across the wall, I asked the builder to not add that, which gave us a nice little credit and a blank space to work with.
 I thought and procrastinated about this space for a long time. Cabinets would have been nice, but cost money. As you may remember last year I made Industrial Shelves for our basement using galvanized pipes. I was not completely happy with how my shelves turned out, and we currently have an unfinished, chaotic basement. So I decided to tear apart my Industrial shelves and hang them up for FREE laundry room shelves!!!! (Free because I already had the stuff!!)

I was so NERVOUS about attempting this project. It would either turn out AMAZING or be a huge huge fail.
It was actually fairly simple project once I got the nerve to do it!!

I used

  • 8 floor flanges which I had previously spray painted bronze
  • 8 - 12 in pipes which I had previously spray painted bronze
  • 6 foot board which I previously stained
  • screw
  • level
  • drill and screw driver
Assembly is easy, find a stud (each floor flange has at least 2 screws into a stud) and attach the floor flange to the wall, and then screw in a pipe. Using a level repeat until you are done!!! See, so easy, why was I nervous about this project????



It is amazing how much different this room looks now!
I am so glad I tore apart my shelves that I wasn't feeling and created something I love and is VERY useful!!
 I love this photo! It was taken by my grandma :)


The laundry room is right between my kids bedrooms, so a lot of times they just throw their dirty laundry right into the washing machine!  And I love that I have a window!! It is such a fun place to do laundry, and so convenient that I do at least one load of laundry a day!!

4 comments:

  1. looks great! love the shelving above the washer and those bins. Great personal touches too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! Though I envy you just for having a laundry room...we live in an apartment so the washer lives in the kitchen and there's no room for a dryer...
    Anyway, thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelves look fantastic! We have the builder-grade wire shelf and I detest it. I would love to take it out and install cabinets at some point. Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday; hope you'll join us again this coming week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I adore your industrial laundry room and even more since it was "free". I'd be happy doing laundry in your chic laundry room. Thanks for sharing at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete