Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY Wedding Chalkboard Place Cards

Welcome to the second day of my Wedding Week! If I didn't make it clear how much I LOVE weddings yesterday..... if I ever got the courage, I would start my own wedding planning business!


For my sister's wedding I created some VERY VERY VERY simple but cute DIY place cards for the rehearsal dinner. This was one of the projects I was told do what ever you want!!! (YEAH!!!)

I spent a while thinking about this and ended up making chalk board coaster place cards!! I bought chipboard coasters from a local craft store (but anywhere has them!!) I then added a few coats of my favorite chalk board spray paint (I am obsessed!!!) I also added a thin layer of cork to the back. After conditioning the coasters....

SUPER easy super cute (and practical and re-useable) chalk board place card coasters!!

Chalk board DIY Wedding Place Card Coasters
I used a liquid chalk pen for these and I wish I would have just used regular chalk. It was REALLY hard to wash the liquid chalk off! BUT they looked great at the rehearsal!

Check out the rest of my wedding week posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment