Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spicy Ranch Dip

Several years ago my father-in-law made this fabulous spicy ranch dip recipe that his really good friend passed on to him. Some how (I don't remember the details) I made the dip, and made it again, and again... until it turned into my spicy ranch dip. I was told it was similar to Chuy's Spicy Ranch. I have never been to Chuy's so I really have no clue! Either way, if you love spice and love dip, you will LOVE this!!

It is so simple to make! And I have made it so many times I don't really follow a recipe any more.

It calls for
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayo
1 packet of ranch dressing Mix for buttermilk
2 hand fulls of Pickled Jalapeno's (squeeze out extra liquids)
Cilantro to taste (I usually put in a nice hand full )

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend! It should set up a few hours in the fridge. (If you can wait!)  

It is a bit runny following the above, so you can use less buttermilk for a thicker dip.  The dip is awesome on pretty much anything! Chips, burgers, you name it!


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Will have to try it! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete